Where does news end and sanity begin

Comments

Tim Fruth 2 years, 6 months ago

A former principal of RCMS resigned last year after being told this was his best option. His best option was getting a job in Ignacio Colorado who recently fired him and it made the local Durango paper with a big story. The problem is the story took place while employed in Payson. Evidently Payson Unified School District glossed over two major incidents from the summer of 2009 and 2010. Note the Roundup never covered either story as this evidently was not news to their way of thinking. So the School District fails to remove the principal and instead removes the high school principals. I think the board and superintendent knew but they had a mindset of clearing out the high school. There is big trouble here since these actions were not reported to the certification investigation unit. Could be a problem for the three sitting board members: Huff, Van Camp, and Underwood. Not only that, the superintendent must report. Read the story: http://durangoherald.com/article/20120509/NEWS01/705099900/0/s/Ignacio-principal-had-criminal-record#

And to think they could have hired me but those fabulous members under the direction of Casey O'Brien chose not to. Who is the winner and who is the loser? You know I'm the winner. It is curious why the Roundup passed on these stories. Don't pass in Mesa, Tempe, Scottsdale, Phoenix.

Somebody is going to pay in a big way on this one. Not done, at least two other major incidents including sex, violence were not reported. Oops.

roy sandoval 2 years, 6 months ago

Very troubling. So here is the timeline: Spring 2007? Fruth passed over at RCMS for Witherspoon. July 2009 Witherspoon retained by PUSD after arrest for drugs. March 2010 Fruth and Sandoval let go by PUSD with Board members telling the public, "But you don't know the whole story.", Witherspoon retained. July 2010 Witherspoon arrested for DUI near Casa Grande then retained by PUSD for another year, Spring 2011 Witherspoon released by PUSD.

Bottom line, the top knew about the 2009 and 2010 incidents. Cover up? Those are both definitely mandatory reporting incidents. In both cases, the Superintendent would go to the Arizona Department of Education Common Logon. On his Common Logon he has a site to report these incidents by a certified staff member. The ADE investigative unit then does the investigation. The question is, was it reported on that logon site? And the others to come? Were they?

Back to the Board member's comment, well I guess we really don't know the whole story do we?

John Lemon 2 years, 6 months ago

It is depressing to be made aware of more unexplainable "oversights" by the Board and Mr. O'Brien. Is malfeasance an appropriate term? It also is saddening to see the series of events and poor decisions by the Board/Superintendent and then examine the coverage by the Roundup. More accurately, I could say lack of coverage or editorials that critically examine what transpires in Payson. As Mr. Sandoval writes, "we really don't know the whole story do we?". Why?

Tim Fruth 2 years, 6 months ago

My above post is a bit bizarre at times. The title is strange ( I have no idea what it means) and there are choppy and fragmented sentences plus a weird question and some arrogant type comment about myself. I believe I must have had some parasomnia (semi-conscious or maybe sub-conscious?) experience since I have no recollection of writing or posting the above. Weird. Clearly I didn't proof read or edit during my "sleep writing" aka parasomnia time. Anyhow I will have to post something that I can actually remember what I was writing. I think I have freaked myself out. I apologize for the strange rambles.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.