The Intent of Education

Comments

Dan Haapala 1 year, 8 months ago

I'm going to ask a few questions and then wait for the responsed to come, I hope you don't mind. Number 1: Why do we teach our children? Number 2: What do we expect them to gain from our teaching? Number 3:When do we expect them to understand the role they play in our future?

Pat Randall 1 year, 8 months ago

Dan, Are you asking about school or life in general? I expected mine to grow up respectful, smart enough to get a job they enjoyed, make enough money to live comfortably, obey the laws of the land and help the less fortunate.

If you don't have a handle on how to get them to understand a little of this by 6 years old, you have lost the war. You may win a few battles but you aren't in charge.

I told my kids, I didn't care what kind of work they did, but they better be the best worker on the job.

That's exactly what I was looking for Pat. I suppose I'm too old to understand the curriculum of the elementary education system in our schools and to be honest I haven't seen a rudimentary schedule of classes that elementary school kids attend. If you are a parent and know what I'm asking, please respond and tell me what happens in the typical day of student in elementary school. This post needs an answer.

Dan, Wish I could help you but I get things second hand. I have greatgrandkids in school. Two are in school in Payson. 2nd and 3rd grade I think. One parent was ready to kill last year. It is better this year as he has a different teacher. This child told the parent last year after the second day no reason to go back he knew more than the teacher. He was a first grader. Tried to get him changed to a different class and the teacher would not transfer him but did transfer 6 others. It was a battle all year. She was on a power trip. Didn't help her or the student.

Dan, Left out something. Probably neither of us could pass the third grade today. (:

I bet I'd be the biggest kid in the class and if you'll send me the graduation requirements I think I could pass them. :)

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.