Selling Frontier School

Comments

Pat Randall 12 months ago

Maybe the school board should go back to school to learn math. The cost of the school was in the paper not long ago and it was much, much more than what they are willing to sell Frontier for. Then they want to start construction on another school.

What kind of idiots are they? Only an opinion and question. Not name calling.

Keep the school untill you can get a closer replacement cost. If you need more room now why not open part of Frontier? Or is the school board like a little kid that wants a new toy. Mommie and daddy will pay for it. In this case it is all the taxpayers who will pay. I am tired of hearing how short of money the school system is, but they keep hiring more teachers,start construction on something else and want to give away a building they already have.

Pat Randall 12 months ago

Big deal, tonights paper said the offer on the school had been accepted, now they get attorneys involved. Why couldn't they do it like a regular Real Estate deal. The prospective buyer writes a contract with all the information, price, what is included, costs that will be paid by each side and all other information.
From what I read in the paper they are no closer to selling than they were a month ago. How much is the attorney going to cost the school district? Seems this whole thing should have gone before the voters who pay the school taxes.

Pat Randall 9 months, 3 weeks ago

I guess the school board is real proud of thier decision to sell Frontier School. Sell a school to build 4 rooms. Evidently they didn't get a headstart by going to kindergarten as they seem to think all kids should do now. What happened to free education thru 8th grade? Yeah, I read the article no one has to pay to go to kindergarten now. Why don't they just call it first grade and go to school 12 yrs. instead of 13? They should all be recalled and run out of town. Give someone a little power and they lose what brains they had. Didn't any of them think about how much it would cost to build anything in this day and age? 4 new rooms for the price of a complete school building and a nice chunk of land. Nice going. Maybe all the taxes it will cost should be added to only thier property if they are still around after this. None of my kids went to kindergarten and they were very good students. Maybe it is the teachers and not the kids.
People that have power to do things like this should think before they leap.

Pat Randall 8 months ago

How smart does the school board feel now about selling Frontier School? I think they should all resign. Seems it should have gone to vote for all land owners in Payson before they made their brilliant decision.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.