Principal Van Zile - Demotion or Scam?

Comments

John Lemon 11 months, 2 weeks ago

I read the article in the Roundup relating to administrative tranfers and am peplexed by the new assignment for Ms. Van Zile. Achievement team leader or coordinator (or whatever) has not been explained in the Roundup. Such a nebulous title engenders several questions in my mind. Since such a job has not existed prior to this time, what will she do? Will such a job need a full-time person at one school? Why such a position at only one school? Will Ms. Zan Zile be paid on a salary schedule as an Administrator or as a Teacher? To whom will Ms. Van Zile report and be responsible? Was the assignment created as a "sop" because of the ties that Ms. Van Zile has with at least one member of the Board? Why was the position not designed as part-time teacher, part-time coordinator? In my mind there are some questions that the Roundup should explore.

don evans 11 months, 2 weeks ago

John, very good questions. From my personal work experience, when the powers that be cannot find legal cause to legitimately terminate an employee with whom they are saddled with. Wa La, they create a position for them that in effect, solves their problems with that employee, and removes their influence and authority..... Just my food for thought........

roy sandoval 11 months, 2 weeks ago

John, probably funded using "soft" money like the Forest Service, pending FES sale or entitlement grant. It is actually what would be called a Teacher on Assignment "TOA". Don, I think you are correct. Very rare for a principal to be removed after less than a year. Certainly would not be removed and placed in a position with the same or more authority.

In today's Roundup there is a brief of what Ms. Van Zile will be assigned to do. The article states that 70% of a day will be devoted to working with teachers who "request" aid. Ms. Van Zile will be working to improve the use of testing results , teaching methods, new programs and alignment with new standards. Some of my questions remain unanswered and may be so because the position is new. Perhaps a more complete job description will be available as we move onward? Still, since the job is described in the newspaper article as a teacher position, I wonder if Ms. Van Zile's pay is aligned with the teacher salary schedule? If the position is not "Administrative" and the pay is, I have an issue. I remain curious as to why the position is full-time and serves only one school? If the job description states that 70% will be devoted to interaction with school staff, what about the remaining 30%? If Ms. Van Zile is to tutor staff, will there be required meetings that will necessitate Substitute Teachers? There are additional questions in my mind but I will wait and see what further descriptions of the job come forward.

Ater thinking about the topic for several days : why is Ms. Van Zile not assigned at least in part to the Middle School ? It is RCMS that has had such poor state ratings. Yes, I know that she is a high school person who has familiarity with the curriculum, teaching methods, personnel, etc. Even so, if the public is to receive the greatest reurn for money invested....

Ater thinking about the topic for several days : why is Ms. Van Zile not assigned at least in part to the Middle School ? It is RCMS that has had such poor state ratings. Yes, I know that she is a high school person who has familiarity with the curriculum, teaching methods, personnel, etc. Even so, if the public is to receive the greatest return for money invested....

Pat Randall 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Maybe I am not understanding what I read, but it seems for every school employee that is fired, someone hires three to take thier place.

Kyle Frewin 6 months, 1 week ago

Demotion: one year as principal and out; Scam: kept same salary in her new job as what she was making as principal;

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.