New Administrator at HS.

Comments

Pat Randall 11 months, 1 week ago

Now we know why all the shaking and moving of teachers and principals The new adminstrator at the HS speaks Spanish. Si? according to my Spanish dictionary. si, ad. yes, without doubt, indeed; Seems it would have been better to teach the students to speak English.

roy sandoval 11 months, 1 week ago

Pat, he advocates teaching English and speaks English perfectly. He is simply fluent in Spanish as well. I think it is commendable when someone has mastered another language as he has. I am frankly excited to see this young man come to Payson. I have a lot of contacts and he comes with high regard. He was actually a finalist last year and the committee chose a local. When that was ended in less than a year, this individual was willing to take a second look. Payson High School students and staff deserve a competent leader that can do the job for more than a year or two. I think we should support him.

Roy, English should be taught before they get to HS. We are an English speaking country and it should be spoken in school. If someone wants to learn a different language fine. I took Spanish in HS but the teacher was from Puerto Rico and it was not the Spanish we hear from Mexico. It shouldn't be a requirement that the administrator know the language of people that are here illegally. My brother in-law moved to San Carlos Mexico when his daughter was about 11 and she learned Spanish real quick or she would not have been able to understand any thing in school. When in Rome do as Romans do.
I think that is how it goes.

roy sandoval 11 months, 1 week ago

Pat, Are you sure Spanish was invented yet, back when you were in high school?:)

Roy, I have my Spanish, English dictionary in front of me. Follett Publishing Company printed 1950. I also have my Arizona Constitution book, which I don't think is taught now as a seperate class. We had to pass that class in order to graduate from the 8th grade.

I don't agree with all the school board did, but am so happy to hear they hired someone to train bus drivers. Hope that person has the right qualifications to teach them how to drive safely.. The things I have seen bus drivers do here in Payson and driving 85 MPH on highway 87 has been very scarey and dangerous. I think PUSD should require bus drivers to have a CDL to get behind the wheel of any school vehicle with students, even if they are driving the small van. No eating or drinking while driving.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.