teachers supply drive

Comments

Pat Randall 1 year, 5 months ago

Yes, I am going to rant and rave about the school system, teachers and any thing I can think about. First off I opened a letter and inside as a freebie junk mail was a paper labeled Teachers Supply Drive. What happened to our free, required school system thru the 8th grade or age of 16? Every thing we needed to learn with was provided by the school. Unless you lost or broke to many pencils then you bought your own. Ink pens were not allowed until the 4th grade. Sticky notes didn't exist. If you needed something stapled you went to the teacher and she stapled it for you. We used soap and water in the restrooms after they were built. Last year or year before I picked up all the lists in the stores and was amazed at what was on them. Teachers that were teaching the same grades at the same schools were requiring different things. Some required back packs others did not allow them. There were no two lists the same. Not all families can afford hand held calculators and what do they teach except to push buttons? No wonder the kids working at fast food places can't count change even when the cash register tells them what it is.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.