Cookie-Cutter Education

Comments

John Lemon 1 year, 2 months ago

" Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." Albert Einstein This quote brings to my mind some of the ramifications of wholesale testing of students (No Child Left Behind, state standards, etc.) without appropriate differentiation and individualism for students. A question : What if we are not appropriately testing the "fish"? A second question: Who was it that said that if one is six years old, one should be in first grade and so on ?

Kyle Frewin 1 year, 2 months ago

It's all part of the big plan to dumb down America that will lead to an eventual take-over.

Pat Randall 1 year, 2 months ago

We were living in Mesa when my oldest son started school. His birthday is in Dec. so he couldn't start in Mesa, had to be 6 by the first of Sept. I brought him to Payson and he went to school here for six weeks then I transferred him to Mesa. Had a big argument with the principal but I won. My son never had any problem as he was ready for school. Another child's birthday was in July and hardly ready to start first grade even though 6 yrs. old. The last one started at 5 and his birthday is in Nov. They keep changing the rules. None of them went to pre school or kindergarten. Maybe there should be some testing in the spring for kids to see if they are ready to start the first grade if they are close to 6yrs old. Forget all the pre school and kindergarten. What happens if you don't send your child to either and they go to register for first grade at 6 yrs old? Are they turned away for two years to attend them?

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.