New Town fights over name change already

Comments

None 9 years, 1 month ago

How ironic, Diamond Star has been a new town for two weeks and now there is a faction that wants to change the the town name back to Star Valley again. Also heard that some feathers got ruffeled when certain movers and shakers didn't make the cut on the first council appointments. Oh well, some things just never change do they? Sounds like they are already following the Payson Council play book to me. And Horton keeps laying his pipe line.

beeline87 9 years, 1 month ago

How about some suggested names for Diamond Star:

Hortonville

Mike's Pasture

H-Berg

Payson East

Barbara's Meadow

Dehydration Junction

Wishful Thinking Valley

I'm sure I can think of more..........

Randy Roberson 9 years, 1 month ago

Fighting? Those people arn't fighting. The issue of name was known to be something the "people" would want to speak on since the start of all this. It just needed some name to begin with and - as the boundaries were much the same as their "Diamond Star Fire District" the initial name seemed obvious.

Personally I completely understand why some may want to hold on to the name Star Valley (named after old man Starr who lived there 100 or so years ago). By the way, I was told he had two Rs in his name, so maybe it should be Starr Valley.

As for other proposed names, how about Moral Valley? Where people still remember how to do "THE RIGHT THING."

Kelly Watts 9 years, 1 month ago

How about: Starr Star or Starr Diamond Or Valley Starr Star or Starr Valley Star Or Kansas City Starr or Brenda Starr Or best yet Starr Treck!

Sounds like you and Don have been hanging around together this morning.

By the way.... as of last night, Star Valley is once again - and will continue to be - STAR VALLEY. And it was done in a very nice way, by very nice people, with no fights, no law suits, and no attitude form the Council.

Nice job Star Valley! Old man Starr would be proud and a lot of maps don't need to be changed.

steve bingham 9 years, 1 month ago

Thanks, Randy.

Actually almost everyone I talked to was very much in favor of keeping the very traditional name of Star Valley. I saw no infighting, no arguments, and nothing but pleasant conversation relative to the suggestion - which, by the way, was anticipated many months ago.

No controversy here, sorry. By the way, the people here in "Star Valley" are very appreciative of the tremendous support we received from the good people of Payson. Thank you!

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.