College and Event center

Comments

Pat Randall 3 years, 6 months ago

Be sure to read the latest story on the front page about ASU and event center. I believe this belongs on the politics blog. How did we get from the college to covering the event center with solar panels? Since it is to be started in Aug. will this be before or after the Rodeo? Why does evans keep changing the stories or is the reporter misquoting him? When did the citizens of Payson vote to cover the event center? Nothing is free, I don't care who says it is. This is being done on Town property and it will cost us.

Rex Hinshaw 3 years, 6 months ago

Pat, you have no proof that it will cost us...you can throw out these statments...it does't make them true. You cannot be objective about anything the Mayor says. The solar project at the event center was made public several months ago. I'm sure the Aug. date was to give a full year between the Aug. rodeos to complete the project. If you have any questions....why don't you ask the Mayor instead of posting them here.

Pat Randall 3 years, 6 months ago

Mr. Hinshaw, Who do you think has been paying for all the work that has been done in the last two years getting ready for this? It has already cost us. The event center is under parks and most of the equipment and employees out there are under street dept. As I have said before I do my research. Employees and dept. heads are the ones doing the work. The equipment and employees could have been working on streets. As a matter of fact I looked at plans for the event center yesterday. Maybe you should do a little research besides talking to evans.

I can throw out any statement I want as long as I follow the rules of the forum. You just threw out a statement about the Aug. date. "I'm sure the Aug. date was to give a full year between the Aug. rodeos to complete the project." Where did you get your information? I throw out the statements on here to see if anyone besides you and the mayor knows what is going on.

Rex Hinshaw 3 years, 6 months ago

Pat, Two years ago the solar project was not even thought of . I do my own research when I need to, and I don't talk with the Mayor all that often. As to the statement you say "I threw out there"....the Mayor and council know the importance of the Aug. rodeo not missing a year, and have pledged to never let that happen. Where I got that information was not second hand. And thank you so much for including me with the Mayor in knowing what's going on.....I'm flattered and couldn't be in better company.

Dan Haapala 3 years, 6 months ago

I have watched this conversation for years. Reported on it many times. There are among many who have at one time or another supported an elected leader and those who have rejected their leadership. Pat, Did you know that among Kenny Murphys supporters was a quiet and background involved individual named Kenny Evans? Did you know that through the years many of the projects and accomplishments of this town came because Evans got involved and helped to make them happen? Were you aware that long before he was persuaded to run for office he had been instrumental in making a number of non profit projects happen?

When I first shook his hand in 2002 I didn't know who he was. He was quiet, intelligent, persuasive, but more than that I came to find that he got things done. As I got to know more about him I found that he was among the few that had the personal contact information of Many Presidents including Reagan. Not because he had power, because he was trusted. I have watched and heard many derogatory remarks made of our mayor and have stayed out of the mix, but when I asked him if he would run another term ,even though he said he wouldn't, because I believe we needed him to stay? He said he'd let the people decide. Mayor Evans has no personal motivation in his actions. He is all we have talked about on another post. It's not the me.....it's the we.... and I'll say no more about this again.

Pat Randall 3 years, 5 months ago

Haapala, I like and respect you very much but we will never agree on this.
I have seen and heard a total different side than you.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.