Rim Country Educational Alliance SLE

Comments

Pat Randall 2 years, 6 months ago

How many of you read this resolution 2601 all the way thru? Please if you haven't read it do it now. If you think the town is broke now you haven' seen anything yet. I don't know what happened to the $500 million donation or how it all got changed from building a campus to what it is going to be now. The taxpayers of Payson are going to suffer. You can go to google to find it or it is probably on the town website agenda in July.

frederick franz 2 years, 6 months ago

I wonder how many of the citizens of Payson and Star Valley have seen and read resolution 2601? I read it and tried to understand it. However, the wording is filled with a lot of legaleze mumbo-jumbo.

Perhaps someone can explain this thing, line by line, so it will be understood by all?

Fred, A little late for what you want, it has been voted on by our wonderful leaders and they did it under the emergency clause so it would go into effect immediately instead of 30 days after something is voted on. It should have been explained long ago on the Town channel so everyone would know what was going on. Not a few meetings here and there where everyone was not able to hear it. Seems the story on the college changes every hour. If you ask a council member anything on the forum, they act like they know nothing about it. And I beleive it. I couldn't find who is on the SLE board except the mayor and maybe the ex tresurer or someone who had held a state office.

John Naughton 2 years, 6 months ago

We have written over and over that a SLE is formed as it's own governmental entity, separate and distinct from its members, Star Valley and Payson. It is supported by Arizona Revised Statutes. The SLE is there to PROTECT the residents of Payson and Star Valley, just like the personal assets of corporation owners. If the whole thing goes defunct Payson and Star Valley are not liable... period. I honestly don't know how to explain it any plainer.

Here's a list of the Rim Country Education Alliance, a separate legal entity, Board of Directors:

Representing Payson Dean Martin, former state treasurer Mary Kastner, former marketing executive Mike Vogel, retired firefighter and former payson town councilor

Representing Star Valley Ronnie McDaniel, judge Suzanne Cummins, UofA professor Steve Drury, retired corp. ceo and local business owner

O.K. next question. Who or what is the Hycroft Financial Partners and who are officers or own stock? I saw the name mentioned somewhere with ASU.

John Naughton 2 years, 6 months ago

I don't have the slightest idea, never heard of them.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.