Gila County Sheriffs election.

Comments

Pat Randall 2 years, 2 months ago

Please do NOT vote for Darrel Stubbs for Gila County Sheriff. This is a man that was a deputy in Tonto Basin when I first moved back to Gila County. He was off duty eating dinner in my restaurant in Tonto Basin and a fight was starting in the bar. I sent the men out seperate doors and called the law. Neither had been hurt. I was standing on the porch of the bar with one of the men when Mr. Stubbs came from the restaurant out onto the porch with a glass of liquid in his hand. I asked him for the glass as it is illegal to come out of a bar with an open bottle or drink in a glass. He said it was ice tea. I said I know it and you know it, but we both know you cannot bring it outside. I reached for the glass and he threw the liquid in my face then handed me the glass and went back into the restaurant. The first officer to arrive was a Highway Patrolman. He got out of his car and the first thing he said was "Why are you all wet?" I told him that Mr. Stubbs threw his drink in my face because I wanted to take it back inside,

Is this the kind of man you want as head of the Sheriff's Dept. when he doesn't obey the laws?

Pat Randall 2 years, 1 month ago

Is there only one person running for the County Sheriff's office? Please someone come on here and tell me yes and who it is.

Pat Randall 2 years, 1 month ago

Oh happy day, just read in the today's paper there are two more people running for Gila county sheriff. Adam Shepherd, and Craig Jones.

Dan Haapala 1 year, 11 months ago

Pat, you have every right to not vote for Stubbs. But please open your mind and understand that there are many who have different memories of his performance as an officer. I do not endorse Stubbs for the office, I haven't made up my mind because I want to learn of the intentions of the candidates for the office. MY point is simple, people change. People become something better than they were. I have. I believe you have. Perhaps Darrell has too.

Pat Randall 1 year, 11 months ago

Haapala, You have every right to your opinion as I do. But I am not afraid to tell it like it is. The incident I told about was only one of many. He was not a teenager and he knew the law as he had been a deputy for quite a while. It happened over 10 years ago. There have been other things before and since.
For me to have an open mind about this would be like having a hole in my head.

Vanbuskirkforsheriff 1 year, 10 months ago

These comments were just pointed out by one of my supporters and I would like to tell Mr. Randall that that was unacceptable behavior for anyone, let alone someone that inspires to one day become Sheriff. You could have and should have filed assault charges against Mr. Stubbs. I can tell you that my campaign is in possession of Mr. Stubbs personnel file and this type of behavior is nothing new to Mr. Stubbs. My staff will be more than happy to share it with anyone, free of charge. I do not have the space or time to list each and every one of Mr. Stubbs foul ups, but I can say that as a previous Administrator of a fire department Mr. Stubbs received below standard performance ratings on a regular basis, which is unaceptable. From what I have seen in his file and heard from citizens such as you, I’m amazed that he made it this long in law enforcement. You the law abiding taxpayer have many excellent choices for Gila County Sheriff this election year and I am one of them. Please feel free to contact me via my Facebook page at “Van Buskirk for Sheriff”. My email is rvb584@hotmail.com and I will be more than happy to give you my number. This type of behavior will not be tolerated from my men and women if I’m elected. I give everyone my personal cell phone number for that very reason, you the law abiding taxpayer will always have a direct line to your Sheriff. Justice for ALL!

Pat Randall 1 year, 10 months ago

Thank you Mr. Vanbuskirk. Yes I should have filed charges, one for assault and one for bringing the drink outside. If you are running a business you don't have time for the court proceedings in Gila County. And the rulings aren't to great either.
We also need new judges.

Vanbuskirkforsheriff 1 year, 10 months ago

Pat, I would like to apologize for saying "Mr. Randell", should have been Mrs. Randell or Pat! Now that I know you're a lady it makes it even worse that a grown man and a Sheriff’s Deputy would toss a drink in a ladies face; I simply don’t have the words to describe how much this upsets me know it happened. The only way that we shall get past the "Good Ol' Boy" is by speaking up. Thank you for sharing this and I know there are many more people that have had the same if not worse done to them by Mr. Stubbs.

Pat Randall 1 year, 10 months ago

Don't worry about saying Mr. Randall I have been called worse. (: Pat is fine.

Pat Randall 1 year, 7 months ago

I just finished reading Mr. Muhr's letter in the paper about Sheriffs policy being changed. What he suggested is only the tip of the iceberg.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.