Busted Budget

Comments

Pat Randall 1 year, 11 months ago

Maybe the council members should go back to the old salary of a few years ago. Or better yet no salary at all. There are some towns in Ariz. the council members do not receive any pay. Doesn't our council also have an expense account for traveling and entertainment? If all added together probably would keep one or two employees from losing thier jobs.

Dan Haapala 1 year, 11 months ago

Pat I don't think it's a case of go back. Been there, done that. I think Payson, like the rest of the country is discovering that Government can't continue to grow when private enterprise suffers a slump or a recurring recession. Looking back I've seen what appears to be the intention of Government and the elected, as benefactors of the electorate. The problem comes from the sources of the money used for the benefactors comes from the benefactors and when they don't have it.....the government doesn't have it and can't be beneficial. No badly how much we want policeman, if we can't afford them, we can't have them. No badly how much we want fireman, if we can't afford them, we can't have them. The same goes for every department of every town, city, county, state and country. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we just started by teaching our children, be polite, don't steal, be respectful of others property, love your neighbor, work for your wants, be responsible for yourself, help your neighbor in need. How many government jobs supplied by the taxpayers would be eliminated and how much better would our world be without Mommy Gov.

Barbara Rasmussen 1 year, 11 months ago

I have been told that three (3) Town Employees, all Department Heads have received raises within the past couple of years. If this is true I would like to ask why? Furlough days, layoffs and increased out of pocket $$ and no raises for all of the other employees. Would it not have been a more realistic use of funds to keep employees instead of giving out raises to 3? Is there anyone out there that can tell me how to research this and possibly who to contact to find out the information?

It should be a matter of public record. Fill out a request form at Town Hall and see if you can get it. It was in the League of cities book a few years ago. Maybe they have this years book at town hall it had the salaries of all towns in Arizona.

I don't understand why Payson does not compare dept. heads and town manager wages with towns the same size, instead of picking wages from towns like Gilbert that has a population of over 175,000 people. Have less assistants and in house meetings. Get up and out and look around town and see what is or is not being done. Stop signs that can be seen would be a good start. Street signs placed where they can be seen and a new coat of paint so they can be read. I can't watch it all. (:

Pat, you know why government figures out how to earn what they earn! There are two rules of thought. Bottom up. Top down. When this country was founded, the rule was bottom up. People had the say and they made the rules through their appointed, elected representatives. More importantly, people understood that they were the government and those they sent to represent them were the servants of the people. When those people went to represent found that they had powers to make rules and control the people that sent them there, They found power. " absolute power corrupts absolutely". While Americans were working taking care of their families, Government grew and started to take over control of the 'Peoples government' They learned that while they were in control of the Treasury, the money could be used to stay in power. The lesson we have to push into the minds of our children is simple. All of the citizens who have lived since the beginning of our founding, have had one thought in mind, delivered through the greatest treasure man has given man, You are free to help others be free and reap a benefit. You are free to be as successful as you want.

I don't think so, was yesterday the 10th? Did something happen different? :) Pat you know that I , like you, just call em as I see em. Never any offense meant.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.