ASU

Comments

Pat Randall 2 years, 6 months ago

After reading the article about Mike Vogel and ASU answers, I think the whole thing is someone's pipe dream. How did Mike get into the spokeman's spot about ASU? I understood he was being paid to be head of Economic development, not taking over Evans spot with ASU. If he isn't looking at names of donors and reading papers where is he getting what few answers he is giving out? Seems Economic development would be bringing in business' with their own money and not asking the townspeople to help them From the article in the paper didn't sound like he made a very good impression. I thought it was said the money was a done deal from the beginning.

Barbara Rasmussen 2 years, 6 months ago

Pat: I wondered the same thing. I am sorry to say I have not seen too much economic or any type of development in town. No new restaurants, no new clothing stores. Well there is the Big Lots but to my knowledge that is the only thing that has come to fruition.

Barbara. When Big Lots came in, it took out another business to build bigger. There will probably be another couple of stores close because of it. Is that progress? Seems like every time I drive down Main or anywhere in town there are more empty buildings. People will only buy so many cut rate, seconds, used and abused goods.

Barbara Rasmussen 2 years, 6 months ago

Pat: It is not progress. 2 steps forward 3 steps back. It is sad to say but there is no new growth in Payson over the past few years. Why we have a person to head up Economic Development and nothing happens and that person continues to draw a salary is beyond me. a waste of taxpayers $$$ is my opinion.

Tim Fruth 2 years, 6 months ago

I read it Pat. How can someone be in charge and have not a single answer? Nine donors died? The article sounded like it is more about the justification of fundraising effort. Many others interested? Not looking at names of donors? I don't know. Sounds suspicious to me. What were those guys called in the old west that sold magical potions for all that ails you?

If I had money I wouldn't volunteer to donate any. Nine have already died in this short time? Strange, don't you think? To begin with, I read about only one donor. Wonder when the rest jumped in? So many questions and so few answers. Another group being formed is about all we hear about. Payson WILL get stuck one way or another.

Tim Fruth 2 years, 6 months ago

Snake oil salesman. Yeh, that is how I see this whole thing. Think about this. For about 4 years we have had the Roundup singing the praises of this. Still nothing. Excuses. Don't know the donors. Nine have died. Many universities interested. Corporations? I don't know but this seems strange to me. Maybe it is job justification? I keep going back to the U of A professor that quit and her reasons. I think that is the real story.

Not one story from ASU on this in the Republic but yet plenty of stories of ASU going other places including CA. Strange? Well it is beyond strange and with all these million dollar donors, they want you to donate? I think my money will continue to support organizations that have answers to questions and so far that isn't happening with this group.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.