Gila county election

Comments

Pat Randall 2 years, 3 months ago

So sorry to read Ronnie McDaniels didn't win. But thrilled over the county attorney and sheriff race.

Kim Chittick 2 years, 3 months ago

I too was thrilled by the county attorney race. We needed to get Daisy Flores OUT!!! And I was very pleased that Darrell Stubbs didn't win!

Rex Hinshaw 2 years, 3 months ago

I too was sorry the Ronnie didn't win. He would have been great for N. Gila County. The vote in San Carlos made the difference. Tommy Martin's job remains difficult in getting a fair shake for us in the north.

Rex, If the people in Payson would get off thier rear and vote it may have been different.

If anyone complains lets ask for thier I voted sticker.

Ronnie Mac will still be trying to help Payson and the surrounding area. He is not a quitter. He doesn't need a title, and he won't have to give up his hunting trips to attend meetings. (:

Gary Lamken 2 years, 3 months ago

I was also sorry to see Mac Feezor was defeated. As an Independent I am limited to one party or the other during the primary, and I do tend to lean to the right. It is my understanding that Independents now make up about 33% of registered voters in AZ. Why should we have to pick a Dem or Rep ticket? We should be able to vote for the person not the party!!

Gary, This one I agree with you. It is unfair. Maybe it is because to many more different parties would come out then we would have a bigger mess than now. Niether party is all right or all wrong. When it comes to the election in Nov. I will vote for the person not the party. I don't like mail in votes either. If we have to show ID and voter registration when we go to vote, how do they get them in mail in votes?

frederick franz 2 years, 3 months ago

As far as I can tell, the only security for mail-in votes is the fact that a person must request the ballot by mail. The ballot requires a sworn statement to the effect that the voter is the qualified registered voter.

Are the signatures checked on mail in ballots? They are signed on the outside of the envelope you send back in too. Really easy to toss it in the trash if the election worker knows who you would be voting for. If you don't go to the polls and vote then you don't have a choice as far as I am concerned.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.