Resolution to Sell Payson Water to Chaparral Pines Golfcourse

Comments

Kathryn Lewallen 10 months, 1 week ago

On tonight's agenda at town meeting:

Discussion/possible action concerning Resolution No. 2724 captioned as follows: A RESOLUTION OF THE MAYOR AND COMMON COUNCIL OF THE TOWN OF PAYSON, ARIZONA, APPROVING AND AUTHORIZING THE MAYOR TO EXECUTE THE UNTREATED WATER PIPELINE CONSTRUCTION AND WATER DELIVERY CONTRACT BETWEEN JOINT FACILITIES MANAGEMENT, L.L.C., THE RIM COUNTRY EDUCATIONAL ALLIANCE, AND THE TOWN OF PAYSON.

John Lemon 10 months, 1 week ago

K. Lewallen; Perhaps I am not reading your post correctly, but it looks like an agreement that has nothing to do with the golf course area. It could involve the proposed college site.

Pat Randall 10 months, 1 week ago

Who is paying for the pipeline? I am getting tired of paying expenses for other people to get water and I can't have a small lawn. Did you all notice your water bills are higher this year? Mine went up about 10 dollars a month. Two old ladies and a small dog. Does a college need a golf course? There is already a pipe line to Chaparral Pines and I think the Rim Club. Why can't that be used? Wait and see, the FS land (ASU) will end up in private hands. So far it has been all talk and no show.

Pat Randall 10 months, 1 week ago

IF there ever is all the things built on the FS land we are going to need a full time FIRE MARSHALL that knows what he is doing.

Kathryn Lewallen 10 months, 1 week ago

Thanks, John~ Here is the part added to the resolution I quoted~ It had the word, "ADDED, " before the section B.

4. Discussion/possible action re: Resolutions related to temporary and long term sales of water To Chaparral Pines, The Rim Club, and Joint Facilities Management, L.L.C. A. Discussion/possible action concerning Resolution No. 2724 captioned as follows: A RESOLUTION OF THE MAYOR AND COMMON COUNCIL OF THE TOWN OF PAYSON, ARIZONA, APPROVING AND AUTHORIZING THE MAYOR TO EXECUTE THE UNTREATED WATER PIPELINE CONSTRUCTION AND WATER DELIVERY CONTRACT BETWEEN JOINT FACILITIES MANAGEMENT, L.L.C., THE RIM COUNTRY EDUCATIONAL ALLIANCE, AND THE TOWN OF PAYSON.

B. Discussion/possible action concerning Resolution No. 2725 captioned as follows: A RESOLUTION OF THE MAYOR AND COMMON COUNCIL OF THE TOWN OF PAYSON, ARIZONA, GENERATING REVENUE TO ENHANCE BOND MARGIN FOR THE C.C. CRAGIN PROJECT THROUGH THE PROVISION OF TEMPORARY WATER SERVICE TO THE CHAPARRAL PINES AND RIM GOLF COURSES.**

robbin flowers 10 months, 1 week ago

Oh, crap! A golf course really? Here we go with the insanity thing again. Wow, "generating revenue to enhance bond margin for the cc cragin project." What about generating revenue for the citizens of Payson and our town, it this prospect ever considered? But, no they want to take your money for this bond in the form of taxes to generate revenue for cragin (reminds me of the Kraken.)

robbin flowers 10 months, 1 week ago

The water that is in this area, is more precious than gold.

Barbara Rasmussen 10 months, 1 week ago

Done deal now. It is all about the money to pay for this whole project. I went to the council meeting tonight. More people need to get up and speak out against what our Town government is doing! That is the only way things are going to change

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.