salsa recipes requested

Comments

Teresa McQuerrey 8 years, 3 months ago

A reader has requested some salsa recipes. I like salsa, but usually just mix some mild and hot bottled stuff (like Pace picante and the hot sauce from ElRancho). Anyone have any recipes for salsa they'd like to share? BTW -- Kelly and Coyote the recipes for S.L.O.P. and pineapple stuffing sounded great -- The stuffing sounds like it would be good with baked pork chops too.

Thomas Trottier 8 years, 3 months ago

I do salsa all the time, love to help you out!

Pico De Gallo (The Rooster’s Beak) Salsa

3 tomatoes diced 3 seeded jalapenos diced 1 small onion chopped 2 cloves garlic minced 3 sprigs cilantro chopped 1 pinch oregano 1 pinch cumino 1 pinch salt 1 dash vinegar

Add all the ingredients; mix well let flavors marry a couple of hours in the ice box. Like it hotter? Leave seeds and vein in peppers. Like it drier? Clean he seeds out of the tomatoes.

Thomas Trottier 8 years, 3 months ago

I do simple taco sauce like this: 1 can stewed tomatoes or tomato sauce 2 cloves minced garlic Red pepper flakes to taste Mix and let sit an hour, great over tostado's

Then there is killer Guacamole: (the only reason my wife stays with me). 3 Avacodos-do three trust me 1 lime juiced 2 cloves minced garlic 1 small onion chopped 1 tomato copped 3 sprigs celantro chopped

The trick here is the avacados. Cut them in half, remove the seed, I use a butter knife to score the avacado inside the peel so that I can scoop it out with a spoon and it stays chunky, if you prefer you can mash it too. I have no problem with that! Add the other ingriedients and mix well to distribute the lime juice evenly. In the event that you have no limes: leave one of the seeds in the bottom of the bowl, the avacado will not turn brown.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.