GoKart racing

Comments

Pat Randall 7 years, 4 months ago

Last night my greatgrand kids started racing. Justin's two daughters. Karman drove very slow, everyone was lapping her. I think maybe it is dad and granddad's idea for her to race. Tyler made it to the semi-main, wrecked and tore off a wheel so didn't get to race in the main. She is starting out like her dad. When he started racing Dwarf cars, they told him he was like a dryer, spinning all the time. This is a report from her granddad as we didn't go. I thought it was going to rain in Globe and am to old to go racing if the race is cancelled. Justin is driving modified cars this year. I won't say racing because he is in 14th place. Yes, if you get on this thread you will have to read about my family!

If you want lots of people here on the weekend put in a dirt race track at the event center. There were 13 people that went to the race to watch the two little girls race. They are 8 and 12 yrs. old.. Multiply that by 20 or 30 racers plus the other classes of car racing spectators and you have more people than what attends the 'August Doins'. I know a lot of you don't think car racing is a sport, but it brings lots of people to anytown where there is a race and they all eat, drink, buy gas and a lot of them spend the night. With a dirt track, you can race Gokarts, modified, stock, dwarfs, and have motorcross for dirt bikes. And enclosed off road races for trucks.

I even planted the idea in the Indians head but it didn't take. Maybe when they get the Forest Service land to the south of the event center, I'll try again.. Wouldn't that be neat? A race track next to the big new hotel.......I don't think the town could stop it as a reservation is a soverign nation and don't have to go by town rules. I am so evil. As far as the noise, the concerts in the park irritate me when they aren't playing my kind of music. The races are usually over by 10:pm and some race in the daytime. No worse listening to race motors than a d--- car pulling up near me at a light with thier boom box going so loud my truck is vibrating.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.