Nerds vs Jocks

Comments

Mike McLaughlin 6 years, 11 months ago

Michael Jordan, having "retired" with $40 million in endorsements, makes $178,100 a day, working or not.

If he sleeps 7 hours a night, he makes $52,000 every night while visions of sugarplums dance in his head.

If he goes to see a movie, it'll cost him $7.00, but he'll make $18,550 while he's there.

If he decides to have a 5-minute egg, he'll make $618 while boiling it.

He makes $7,415/hour more than minimum wage.

If he wanted to save up for a new Acura NSX ($90,000) it would take him a whole 12 hours.

If someone were to hand him his salary and endorsement money in cash, they would have to do it at the rate of $2.00 every second.

He'll probably pay around $200 for a nice round of golf, but will be reimbursed $33,390 for that round.

He'll make about $19.60 while watching the 100-meter dash in the Olympics, and about $15,600 during the Boston Marathon.

This year, he'll make more than twice as much as ALLl past U.S. presidents for all of their terms combined.

Amazing isn't it?

However...

IF Jordan saves 100% of his income for the next 500 years, he'll still HAVE LESS than Bill Gates has at this very moment.

Game over. Nerd wins.

Susan Grubbs 6 years, 11 months ago

Bill Gates is the exception to "Nerd-dom." In other words, shovelhead, in the case of Jordan vs. Gates, Gates wins. Overall, jock vs. nerd? I don't think nerd wins, at least as far as money goes.

If you can show other examples to substantiate your claim, I'm willing to readjust my thinking.

Pat Randall 6 years, 11 months ago

Gates got his by studing and trying. Jordon was born with a God given talent.

Someone left their sense of humor in the other skirt pocket!

Jeffrey C. Barbakow Tenet Healthcare $22,785 per hour, $116.4 million for 2002 Doesn't include new stock options with potential value of $72.4 million

Michael S. Dell Dell Computer $16,100 per hour, $82.3 million for 2002 Doesn't include new stock options with potential value of $37.5 million Dell's 2002 stock price change: -13.2%

Scott G. McNealy Sun Microsystems $5,053 per hour, $25.8 million for 2002 Doesn't include new stock options with potential value of $61.2 million Sun's 2002 stock price change: -68.1%

Below are the 2006 salaries for the top 5 Major League Baseball players on active rosters and disabled lists as of June 1. Figures were obtained by The Associated Press from management and player sources and include salaries and pro-rated shares of signing bonuses and other guaranteed income. For some players, parts of salaries deferred without interest are discounted to reflect present-day values.

1. Jason Giambi, NYY $23,428,571
  2. Alex Rodriguez, NYY $22,708,525
  3. Derek Jeter, NYY $21,600,000
  4. Manny Ramirez, BOS $17,016,381
  5. Todd Helton, COL $16,600,000

looks to me like nerds win again

By the silence, I take it that a certain person is readjusting her thinking!

The silence actually indicates that I hadn't read your post until today. Personally, I think it's a toss-up.

Toss up? Tenet health care 116.4 million plus options

the five highest paid ball players together just over 100 million.

That's a toss up?

You threw down the challenge now you call the results opinionated? The results are what they are!

Figures don't lie!

Shovelhead, yes, you accepted the challenge. You listed more examples. I read them.

I did not call your results opinionated. I don't even question them.

To be honest, I don't much care how much money either the nerds or the jocks have. I know that they - the ones you cited on both sides of your argument - have more money than I do.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.