Off highway vehicles

Comments

Pat Randall 5 years, 11 months ago

Shovelhead. Do you ever go off road on your motorcycle?

Beginning Jan 1 2009 new requirements for off road vehicles.
You will be required to purchase an annual sticker through the Ariz. Dept. of Transportation validating use of the OHV in Arizona. It will be a flat fee that is yet to be determined. I wonder what will happen to people like us that own a Polaris 4 wheeler that is licensed to run on the highway. Has a regular license plate like any other vehicle. Mirrors, lights etc. were installed and inspected at MVD. Are we going to have to pay for two license? Double taxation.

For some reason I can not get spaces between some of the words in this post.

Mike McLaughlin 5 years, 11 months ago

dual purpose vehicle = dual licensing! Stay off the highway and pay only an off road license. Stay off the trails and pay only highway licensing! No different than heating with wood and propane. If ya use both ya goota pay for both!

Shovelhead, I should rephrase the question. You always try to make me look like an idiot. Do you ever take your motorcycle on off road trails? I am sure you have gone off the road once or twice by accident. (;

I never TRY to make you look foolish Pat ! A harley is not by nature an off highway vehicle. I have riden on various surfaces such as gravel, dirt, and even sand. I try not to do hill climbing and off roading on a harley. Back in my youth I did try hill climbing on a harley sprint. It was a lot of work. A friend told me I looked like I was riding a mountain goat. My hodaka ace 125 worked much better. Boy, that was about a lifetime and a half ago!

I was wondering if you went off roading if you would have to get a stamp for your bike. I think this is another dumb idea of the state to raise money after they have wasted all we already pay to them First you have to have a permit from the FS to go into the forest, Now you pay ADOT to use the forest trails or roads. When will Game and Fish step in to get thier cut? You may cross a creek that has a fish in it or see a deer, elk, endangered turtle or turkey while out on your OHV. Who is going to enforce this , County sheriff, DPS, Forest Service, INS, Town police?

I think pedal bicycles should have to be registered and licensed, after all we have special lanes for them on town and city streets.

I think I understood your first line. I make myself look foolish ! No need to apologize. If a person can't laugh at thier self they shouldn't laugh at anyone, Right? I have a warped sense of humor so think the things you say to and about me are funny.

If the forest service buys me a police harley I would ride around the campgrounds looking for OHV permits. The town better hurry before the forest service gets my volunteer services!

I'll bet you didn't believe that MSM definition from Tom under his thread did ya?

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.