Bat Wood

Comments

None 8 years, 11 months ago

Ash is the wood used for baseball bats. I oughts know. I've chucked a bunch of 'em in my day. -:)

Vegithead, man you just too extreme dude. Back off. I thought you think people should eat from the plant kingdom? Well trees are veggies too. In fact I like to boil up some fresh juniper or sycamore and add a little hot sauce then chow down homestyle. It is good. Chuck some wood homies, save a deer and eat a tree! (with hats off to the vegitman). :-)

Kelly Watts 8 years, 11 months ago

And the best ash used for the bats grows in Northern Pennsylvania, my dad sold some standing ash to Louisville many years ago from the mountain property we owned. John Ratzenberger, had a good segment on his "Made In America" about Louisville Sluggers recently.

Thanks Kell. Ash is one of my favorites. Woody, yet with a delicate fruity taste. Best aged 6 months after cutting, before sampling. :-)

I eat vegetables at times vegithead. Bit have you ever had hickory flavored corn succatash? If you ain't you missin something good. You need to expand your possiblities and start branchin out to trees. They're from the plant kingdom too ya know. Trees are my friends. And I eat them then they become immortal at least til I chuck my last bark hole.

Pat could do worse than eating a batwood now and then too. It's kind of relaxing to chuck some wood now and then. Give it a try Pat!

Pat Randall 8 years, 11 months ago

Gee, I wonder why you two, veg and wood head would think I was talking about you?

Pat wasn't talking about me either. She was talking about Hortie and the Buzzard, I'm sure. For sure. Go Pat Go!

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.