Sports Physicals.

Comments

Pat Randall 3 years ago

How much of a medical exam is given for kids going into sports? Are the same exams given to all sports participants? Is any past medical problems discussed? Any chest xrays, blood tests, or what is done? Blood pressure, listen to thier heart and look in thier ears and eyes, take thier temp. and off they go. Seems there have been to many deaths this last year with students in practice or a game. I am assuming they all had medical exams.

Kerry Rizza 3 years ago

Most schools do require exams. Payson schools do them at the Dome for all high school and Jr high kids wanting to play sports. The doctors are kind enough to only charge $10 that way it's not another major expense as the schools have imposed. Being that they are at the school I doubt there are anytype of xrays or blood tests done. Anyone of us could go to the doctor and something not be detected. Who knows why it happens it just does. When you go to the doctor for your yearly physical I'm sure your doctor doesn't do the same for you as he would for me unless we have the same family history. Cancer is big in my family, I've had cancer screening done since I was 25. Look at the Mike Barr mishap. He was one of the best all around athletes' in Payson history. He was physicall fit and one night he goes to sleep and his heart gives out at the ripe old age of 25. There's never been a mention of heart disease in his family, so why and why wasn't it detected earlier? Nothing is 100%.

Dan Varnes 3 years ago

QUOTE: "How much of a medical exam is given for kids going into sports?"

The bare minimum. It's called "CYA" and that's about all you're going to get for $10.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.