Coaches, sports, better teachers, smarter students

Comments

Pat Randall 8 years ago

I knew I was right about the sports programs at the schools. The parents and people here in Payson do not support the sports or at least don't talk about them. The paper doesn't do much. I would like to see the names of the kids under the group pictures that are put in the paper. I went back and there are 10 threads about sports on here. Most of the posts are mine about my grandson racing Dwarf Cars, and he is not in school as he is almost 32 years old. Support the atheletes or get rid of the programs.

Pat Randall 8 years ago

Payson loses one more coach! Go back to my post of Mar 18. 5 coaches quitting. Take the salaries from them, the buses upkeep, gas and the rest of the things I said in my earlier post. Hire TEACHERS. Think what an education the kids in Payson could have!!!!!! We had no organized sports in Payson when I was going to school and I don't think my classmates turned out to bad. We didn't have enough kids for teams, but we did have an hour of some kind of physical exercise every day. We weren't worried about being picked for a team or just sitting on the sidelines wishing. We weren't shaking poms and throwing batons. We all got an education, we can read, write, and add, subtract, divide and multiply without a calculator. We weren't missing classes to go 100 miles or so to play a game, and we had individual help from the teachers. We can THINK. If sports is all that is keeping the kids in school they don't want an education anyway and how do they keep their grades up, or do they???

Pat Randall 8 years, 1 month ago

After reading about all the coaches who have quit or been fired, I have and idea. Lets get rid of the whole atheletic progam. Have one period during the day for exercise. Think of the money that would be saved on uniforms, equipment, and gas for the buses to haul the teams around. I know all atheletes think they are going to the big time. PRO Sports. Not gonna happen. Hire more teachers to teach the 3 Rs readin', ritin' and rithmitic turn out smarter students.

Mike Linzoain 8 years ago

Pat your to much.........Coaches getting fired means kids are not getting educated or thinking or passing?

Now that is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.