how come the middle school has no cheerleaders

Comments

sumer chambers 2 years, 3 months ago

I have noticed that 7th and 8th grade football have no cheerleaders:? If i would of known i would have volunteered to be a cheer coach. I have been a cheer leader all through growing up. 10 years of experience. i just think that it would benefit alot of these 12 and 13 and even 14 and 15 year old. keeping them from running the streets. this town is to small with nothing to do. WHY NOT A CHEERLEADING TEAM

Pat Randall 2 years, 3 months ago

There are a lot of things for kids to do. If they get up out of the chair from in front of a computer or quit texting. I see no reason for girls that young to be in short skirts twisting around during a game. Don't see any reason for the h.s. cheerleaders either. What does it do to prepare them for a job or life? School is for learning. Like punctuation and what letters to capitalize. Not showing off your bodies.

Gary Lamken 2 years, 3 months ago

Cheer is an athletic sport. That said, I do agree that there is too much emphasis on sexuality at the HS level. It should be restricted to team encouragement. I went to the first HS game this year and there was one cheerleader in particular that was more interested in showing her "moves" than she was in the game. It was very obvious. I do not know why there is no cheer in the MS, but it is $200. to participate at the HS level. My daughter would have liked to joined again, but I could not fit it into my tight budget this year. As an aside, the team looks good this year. Goooo Longhorns!!!!

Pat Randall 2 years, 3 months ago

Gary, Please explain how cheerleading is an athletic sport. Payson High School had so few students when I was there, we didn't have any sports teams. The last hour of school was spent playing softball, basket ball or doing exercises in the gym. No excuses everyone participated. Boys and girls together.
It was the last hour as we didn't have showers, or changing rooms so we played in our school clothes. As you can tell, I grew up in a totally differnt world. It was great !

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.