Payson loses again

Comments

Pat Randall 7 years, 6 months ago

Patrick, I think you answered my question in your first sentence. If they aren't as bad as they have played the last two games, then it is a get the coach fired thing.

Patrick Walker 7 years, 6 months ago

You may be right, but I guess what I meant to say is that Payson's just an average team, no better, no worse. This reminds me of two years ago when we were in our second season at the 4A level. Donnie Wilbanks was injured at the mid point of the season and Payson lost the last 5 games of the year with players quitting and the team throwing in the towel. I'm not saying that the team has done that yet, but some of the trends within the team unit seem to lean a lot along the same lines as that year.

Pat Randall 7 years, 6 months ago

I listened to the football game tonight and I am wondering. Is the team really as bad as they have played the last 2 games or are they trying to teach the coach not to mess with players that drink alcohol?

Patrick Walker 7 years, 6 months ago

I don't believe the team is really as bad as they have played the last two games. In watching game film from the Blue Ridge game, talking to several players, the head official, and my co-workers that broadcast the game, Payson just fell apart in the second half and made mistakes that Blue Ridge took advantage of, which is BR's trademark. In the case of the Round Valley game, it's important to remember that this team is now 9-0, and is a top-3 team in anyone's rankings that you look at. They are considered underrated by many if they aren't ranked first, and that may just be the truth.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.