PICTURES NAMES PLEASE

Comments

Pat Randall 7 years, 11 months ago

Max, I was so glad when you printed names of the kids in sports, now you have screwed up again. On the front page of the sports section there is a picture about 8x9 inches of a Little League All Star Player. Do you put his name under the picture? HELL NO You print the coach's name. C'mon the kid probably saw his picture and yelled for his parents, look I'm in the paper but where is my name?

Matt Carlyon 7 years, 11 months ago

You can e-mail Max directly:

<p>mfoster@payson.com

That probably better then just posting it here.

Yes, Matt and I can draw a circle on the wall and stand and bang my head on it. I t seems the sports section is always about coaches, the parks or long ago state champs and retired coaches. Even Frank Kush. I would like to see the kids that are participating now, have thier names under their pictures. I have talked with the paper and was given some dumb reason why they don't print the names. If I put it on here maybe someone will agree and post their thoughts. If enough people think it is important maybe they will change. An e-mail to Max would be seen by Max only, and I can't do e-mail anyway. Computer illiterate my son calls me. They found time and space to put Jody Cline's picture on the front page 3 times with his name under it. He doesn't live here and all that did was hurt his family On the front page of the Living section there is a large picture of a boy that was a real trouble maker and was sent to the Arizona Project Challange program. His name was printed under the picture. Let's show the kids that are doing good some recognization, and maybe they won't end up the same way. Maybe my priorities are mixed up, but I think you should reward and honor the good, not sensationalize the ugly part.

Dean, 20 years from now the picture would mean a lot more if the names had been included. It is like looking at old group school pictures. You saw mine and I could name most of them but not all. I have many pictures of people in Payson over 60 years ago and don't have a clue who they are. They may as well be pictures of people in Ames Iowa. If you take the time to take a picture for the newspaper, PRINT THE NAMES AND GET THEM RIGHT.There is a picture of someone in a history book here in town with my dad's name under it and it isn't him. Well time to start wrapping crap to move so will get off here.

Maverick, What do you mean again? This is only my third move here in Payson. I had to keep moving. Now that you don't have to give your address when you get up to talk at council, I won't have to move anymore. (: We are moving to a smaller home so I can have more time to be on here and also to harass the council.....No, this council is not to bad. In the last 2 yrs I have had a heart stent and in the hospital 3 times with my back, and leg so decided it was time to scale down.. Age does what nothing else can to you. It is a shame that all that energy, get up and go is wasted on youth. They don't know what to do with it, or appriciate it.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.