Medicare Premium Increases for Seniors

Comments

don evans 2 years, 8 months ago

MEDICARE PREMIUM INCREASE....Look clearly at the 2014 rate compared to the 2013 rate.

For those of you who are on, or expect to be on, Medicare, read the following. It's short, but important and you probably haven't heard about it in the Mainstream Media:

"The per person Medicare Insurance Premium will increase from the present Monthly Fee of

$96.40, rising to:

$104.20 in 2012

$120.20 in 2013

And

$247.00 in 2014."

These are Provisions incorporated in the Obamacare Legislation, purposely delayed so as not to confuse the 2012 Re-Election Campaigns. REMEMBER THIS IN NOVEMBER 2012 AND VOTE!!!

Pat Randall 2 years, 8 months ago

I just received a raise on my SS check which will cover it for now.

Paul Woods 2 years, 6 months ago

I, like many others, became extremely upset when I received word via e-mail, then word of mouth that my medicare premiums were going to drastically increase. So I immediately tried to determine if the info was creditable. I even used “Snopes & Urban Legends” (one in the same) that sometimes questionable source of information. The info I was able to come by was that the premiums would not increase to the stated amounts in the e-mails, but as most other things, they will increase somewhat. It appears as though the originator of the e-mail was a bit excited about something they heard, or decided to just plain lie.

Apparently, if your income is more than a certain amount you can expect higher premiums starting in 2007. In 2003 congress passed a law mandating that.

Now I am not defending “Obamacare” (the replacement for Medicare) as I truly believe it is a travesty of our constitution and the freedom of choice we have come to expect living in the US. Unfortunately, actions by this and some previous administrations and congresses, have been slowly chipping away at our constitution and that freedom under the guise of “helping” us to live better lives. That unholy triumvirate of Pelosi-Reed & O'Bama did it to us again. According to the GAO report, Obamacare will not cost the 900 billion that we were told but almost twice as much as that amount. BOHICA!

So unless I've missed some bit of information, I have to disregard the info about my medicare premiums.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.