Flags at half staff for Whitney Houston

Comments

Kim Chittick 2 years, 2 months ago

Just came across an article stating that New Jersey Mayor Chris Christie has ordered flags to be lowered to half staff on Saturday for Whitney Houston. He states that he "rejects criticism that she "forfeited the good things that she did" because of her struggles with substance abuse." I am honestly, appalled. Whitney Houston had a God given talent, and an angelic voice. She was a beloved Mother, daughter, cousin, friend, and performer. Idolized my millions. She was also, a crack addict. Publicly, she espoused the "good Christian life", singing gospel songs, and referring to her love of, and for, Jesus. However, she willingly destroyed, her life, the talent that Our God gave her, her relationships, and the memory that her daughter will have of her. All for a transient high. She had it all and gave it all up. And, please, please, don't anybody try to blame her marriage to Bobby Brown for her addiction. Admittedly, he was an abuser, a creep, and generally a low down dog. However, we, each and every one of us, is ultimately responsible for ourselves and our actions. I am sick to death of the media and the public bemoaning what a horrible, sad, tragic thing her death is. Regardless of her talent, her generosity, her beauty, or her fame, she died a junkie. So ridiculous. Lowering the flags to half staff to honor a junkie...what is our world coming to?

Pat Randall 2 years, 2 months ago

Kim, I was speechless when I heard it on the news. Not often I get that way. I think the mayor should be thrown out of office. How dare he honor her that way. So, she could sing, big deal, she spent her money on illegal drugs and she is honored by our flag being lowered to half staff.

Kim Chittick 2 years, 2 months ago

I was the same way, Pat. I will not take from her the fact that she had (key word, HAD) a beautiful voice and a phenomenal talent. But she, and she alone, threw it all away. Horrible!!

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.