Happy 4th of July.

Comments

Dan Haapala 1 year, 9 months ago

I'll rest my head on my pillow tonight and give thanks for the many blessings in my life. In particular the knowledge that awakening, I'll be in the most God Blessed place in the world. I'll be free. Not without problems, but Free. I'll be able to go where ever I want to go. I'll have had the gift of the ability to provide for myself all that I need and want through my efforts because my country gave me that opportunity. And as I awaken on this Wednesday the Fourth of July, I'll remember all who contributed to my freedom. Those who fought and lived, those who fought and died, those who opposed the efforts of the soldiers and those that praised them. Both had the freedom of our First Ammendment. Freedom to speak out about grievances created by our Government. (the intent) I'll awake thankful for a land where I can be free to believe and speak my beliefs openly and honestly because of the First ammendment which guarantees the Government can't suppress nor control my Religion.(that's how it reads) I awaken blessed that if I begin to fear my Government, I have the right under the Second Ammendment to raise up with Arms and oppose it. I have guns because the 2nd ammendment saw the greatest enemy of freedom was the very government that formed for it. Most importantly I'll awake this morning with the realization that the government will be what it is because of me. I'll be the one to say what I want. I'll be the one to determine who goes to serve me. I'll be the one to tell my representatives what my government should or should not do. I'll smile as I awake because I'll know that those who have given up and won't vote, Have given me control and I'm not alone. Happy Independence Day Celebrate with fervor.

don evans 1 year, 9 months ago

“We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” - John Adams: Signer of the Declaration of Independence; One of Two Signers of the Bill of Rights; Second President of the United States

“I’ve lived, sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth: That God governs in the affairs of men. If a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid? We’ve been assured in the sacred writings that unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it. I firmly believe this, and I also believe that without His concurring aid, we shall succeed in this political building no better than the builders of Babel.” - Benjamin Franklin: Signer of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. Happy Independence Day to all.......

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.