Marijuana

Comments

Pat Randall 1 year, 4 months ago

If it is legal for sick people to buy marijuana, why not pass a bill where doctors have to write a prescription? Then the patient buys it at a pharmacy where medicine is sold instead of the way it is being done. Is there an age limit on sick people that will be allowed to buy and use it? The way I understnd it the patient can grow the marijuana on thier own property or go to one of these stores and buy it. Where do the dealers get it?

Make the cigarette companies put pictures on cigarette packs and turn the drug users loose growing thier own drugs or walk into the corner store and buy them. Looks like great laws to me.

Do law makers brains turn to mush once they are elected. YES !

Ronald Hamric 1 year, 4 months ago

Pat, You know I spent my career as a Firefighter/EMT. In that career I can't remember the times we went to help some person strung out on drugs. I'd ask them "how did you get to this point in your life?" And almost to a person they would say it all started with simply "smoking a few joints". Since it seems we have given up on the "War on Drugs" ala Washington State and Colorado, then I for one have given up on any compassion for those who fall into the drug trap. I propose we legalize ALL currently illicit drugs, make them as strong as possible, as cheap and readily available as possible, and simply let those weak minded individuals who simply cannot face life without brain altering substances, gradually eliminate themselves from the gene pool. We must not permit them to force John Q. Public to pay for their idiotic choices by paying for their rehab or drug aversion therapy. They chose the path, they walk it without any taxpayer support. Currently, heroin addiction qualifies as a "disability" and all the perks that go with that status. Trust me, I've seen enough to believe it would only take about 5 to 10 years for that to run it's course. Might want to buy some stock in the mortuary business.

Kim Chittick 1 year, 4 months ago

Ron, you are a man after my own heart!! LOVE your plan!!!

I am talking about the people that use it for pain and drs. write a recommendation or something for it. If it is prescribed for pain for a truely sick person I don't have a problem with that. It is the way they are doing it now that I don't like. Take away the freebies for the self addicted ones that don't have a medical problem. . Do you really want all those crazies out driving, robbing, and killing people to get money for drugs. The drugs wouldn't be free.

Pat, You do know that doctors can prescribe any drug or narcotic they feel is in the best interest of their patient don't you. The whole "medical marijuana" thing was a foot in the door towards leagalization, nothing more, nothing less. Just for giggles, look up "Brompton's Cocktail" and then tell me that there are people who can only be treated via "medical marijuana" obtained at storefront "pharmacies". It is a sham argument Pat, and the proof is the evolution of marijuana leagalization in Washington state and Colorado. Within less than a year, after Colorado permitted the sale of "medical marijuana", the numbers of "pot shops" outnumbered the numbers of Starbucks in that state. Now ask yourself, are more people in "need" of medical marijuana than the numbers of people who drink coffee? I go back to my first reply, let them have all they want, anytime they want it, and in a short time we will be rid of those weak minded citizens.

Mr. Hamric, I am not against marijuna being prescribed and bought at a pharmacy, if it is true that it is a true pain killer for end of life patients. I am against a recommendation from a dr. and store front pharmacies. I am also against a lot of legal narcotic drugs. I have seen in my own family what they can do to you. First of all, if it is not end of life pain the dr. should find out what is causing it instead of grabbing for his/her prescription pad so they can get to the next patient. I have such a bad back I can hardly walk the length of Walmart. One aisle and I am thru. Have been drug off horses, fallen out of a cattle truck, fell on my rear at work, was kicked between the shoulders at Big Surf, fell so many different ways water skiing it is a wonder I can walk across the room. I have been to several drs. Lots of damage to my back. Had been getting shots about every 2 to 4 yrs in my back but the dr. won't do it now because of my Pacemaker and he can't do a MRI. I used the argument when he gave me the first two shots in 1990 and 1991 they didn't have MRIs. Drs. are afraid of being sued. Would rather get you hooked on narcotics to come back every month for an office call and prescription. I did go to ER here twice and the answer was morphine. No more. When it gets unbearable I take an extra strength Tylenol. The rest of the time I cuss because I hurt and can't do the things I used to do. Of course being 76 yrs old doesn't help. (:

Pat, I'm agreeing with you. I have been trying to make the point that these "store front pharmacies" are simply a step to the eventual legalization of weed. That is exactly how it unfolded in Colorado and Washington state. I spent a career dealing with the down side of drug and alcohol abuse and that experience gave me a very strong dislike for those substances. I am VERY reluctant about doctor prescribed drugs as well. One of the worst cases of prescription drug abuse I saw was of a very wealthy doctor. You and I may not think much of these things, but I think we are on a very diminishing side of the argument. Seems folks simply cannot face the travails of life without some artificial stimulant in their body to help them "cope". It's a truly downhill slide for us all.

It ain't a perfect world and all the drugs, legal or illegal is not helping.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.