Strangest Person on the Board

Comments

jesse85541 9 years ago

I agree with Pat's first post. We got the point months ago [that Vegghead's posts are getting reaaaallllyyyyy boring].

Pat Randall 9 years ago

Board Watch Dog, Can you please do something about the vegetarian on here? He is repeating posts that were put on weeks ago, says the same thing over and over. I don't think anyone on this board cares about anyone else's diet. I know I write about my kids and grandkids, but not everyday every post. It is so frusterating to go to the bottom of these long discussions and find out IT IS EAT VEGETABLES. If anyone else on here agrees with me please put in a word with me to get rid of her/him or it. I think the cat fights are more entertaining.

Thomas Trottier 9 years ago

Here, here, I am not a Lachanophobic, however, I am becoming a bit suspicious of vegatarians in general, do they all think this way? I suspect that the veg has been eating coleus. Coleus has a mild hallucinogenic effect that causes him to see us as nothing more than carnivorous neanderthals, and also causes him to post on the wrong board. ie. Robert Blake in the eat your veggies boad he started.
I also noted a degree of hypertension. This could be due to the fact that the canning process adds quite a bit of sodium-if it's canned that is being consumed. It could be the environmental toxins. It is best to stay clear of synthetic fertilizers and pesticides, or at least wash the produce. I could be completely wrong you know, but I'm starting to see my Christmas tree a whole different way now.

Pat Randall 9 years ago

coyote, I have to know. Is lachanphobic a word you use or did you have to look it up somewhere? I went thru 3 dictionaries and then went on to google before I could find it. My new word for today, but by tommorrow I will have forgotten it! Damn these golden years. (: Guess they beat the alternative.

Vegghead, your post defies all logical scientific boundaries, who is on the defensive here? As you must know, the Bible supports foods from both Plant & Animal Kingdoms, (loaves & fish).

Luke 10:8 says: "Whenever you enter a town and they receive you, eat what is set before you," which would seem to suggest that Jesus was not encouraging fussiness about food.

Luke 24:42 says: "And they gave him [Jesus] a piece of a broiled fish, and of a honeycomb. And he took it, and did eat before them."

Now, I read the Bible, and live it, and I'm thinking your Bible may be missing some of it's pages. Everything you do you teach. When you assault everybody on this board as if we were all neanderthalls, as you put it, you are not, loving your neighbors as you love yourself for the love of Jesus. I will pray for Jesus to reinforce your faith brother.

Patrandall, Lachanophobia was the product of research, one would think - by all the post that this was a common affliction that lots of us have. When in fact, it is very uncommon.

Pat Randall 9 years ago

I wouldn't want it, It is to hard to spell and find in a dictionary. Besides that I was raised on a cattle ranch with all the good beef that goes with it. Please use words I don't have to look up the meaning.

O.K. I'll stick to the common words. We ordered a side of beef from a processor in Maricopa last year, it was real good and not that it was marbled, rather it was pretty lean and tender too. Even my dog treated the bones differently, she hid them in the bushes, my wife usually throws them away because the dog leaves them in the walkway.

Randy Roberson 9 years ago

Coyote, I don't know who you are but you're cracking me up! Personally I'm thinking about decorating a side of beef and hanging it in my living room for the holidays. I mean we had the barking dogs doing jingle bells a few years ago, why not mooing cows? Moo moo moo moo moo moo moo moooooooo. etc. etc. Udderly ridiculous!

Pat, You're right on. While I respect everyone's right to state their own opinions, I think Veg head has fallen off the turnip truck and injured his brain. Unless perhaps Veg's motivation was just to show political support for certain candidates while appearing to be completely nuts in an attempt to discredit those candidates!?!?!?!?!?! Regardless.... even though I have enjoyed the occasional jabs at Veg's expense, I will go back to boycotting communications with hopes that he will soon tire of seeing only his own pointless point of view posted with no one responding.

Pat Randall 9 years ago

Randy, You have given me a great idea. I will decorate the bear rug we have hanging on the wall and also his skull which is sitting in a World War I urinal on top of an antique medical cabinet. No I have not lost my mind. We do have this sort of thing in one room of our house.

I was with you on the bear rug part, but you lost me on the skull in a WWI urinal atop an antique medical cabinet. Now that's unique! Shabby Sheek perhaps?

I take it you're not a big Martha Stewart fan? :p

By the way... if I ever visit your home and need to use the restroom (and why is it called that, does anyone really ever go there to rest?), I'll be happy to just step outside. I'm not sure but looking down into a urinal with a bear skull in it may just cause irreversible emotional scaring, not to mention some significant physiological challenges which I'd rather not address here. Plus climbing on top of an antique medical cabinet to take care of business, might present yet another set of unique challenges.

Man… I’ve heard of people with skeletons in their closet but……..:)

RR, I am a native here, my mother was born and raised in Prescott, my great grandfather was the sherriff. Right now I'm looking at a cabin in Beaver Flat. I need to get me one of those Elk antler chandeliers for the dining room. I leave most of the decorating to the wife, she goes for the superficial beauty. I go for the functionality first then looks, so I just have to re- engineer her ideas.

Pat Randall 9 years ago

Randy, You have to read between the lines, I left out the part that it is a hospital urinal/bedpan combination. It is sorta like real heavy white glass. I got it in an auction box at a moving and storage place in 1974. I was using it for an ashtray, as I am always missing the small ones. A friend came by one day and said it would make a neat planter. My husband said please take it.
When he had a 7 way by pass in 1993 she brought it back to him. She knew he had a collection of old medical equipment, books, and cupboard, which had belonged to Dr. Cartmell who was a doctor here in Payson back in the early 40's. Sometimes you just can't get rid of something. Of course it must be worth lots of money. (:

Pat,

All the usual kidding aside, I assumed it must be a bed pan of some sort. It was just too easy to poke fun at. Sounds like a rather interesting collection. By the way... if I ever do visit your home, I promise not to relieve myself in your ashtray (holy smokes!).

Coyote, Oh... Bear Flats. One of the most beautiful areas up here. I love the forest around the canyon there and over to Hell's Gate. Magnificent stuff! I'm sure your cabin is a very special place and yes, an antler chandelier would probably fit in just perfect. Just don't let Pat or your wife talk you into hanging a urinal from it.

What a treat to swap pee can humor with two other Arizona Natives.

While I attempted to grow up in Phoenix, the Rim Country has been a very special place to me since I was knee high to a pigmy goat. I'd love to hear some stories some time about your Great Grandfather. I bet those are quite colorful. While my dad was a Phoenix cop in the 50s and 60s, and his stories were very entertaining, I'm sure they can't hold a candle to the old stories from waaay back then.

Pat Randall 9 years ago

Randy, I don't remember when I have laughed so long and so hard as I did last night after the decorating posts. It was quite a release after all the stuff that goes on, on here. I think we are all getting a little warped. Just getting ready for the election I guess.

Politics does that to you. Humor is a great release.

"Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused."

Besides.... We have to find as much happiness in today as we can. None of us know how many tomorrows we have left.

Furthermore... (sorry - you got me thinking) .... If there is one great thing I've learned from hanging out in disaster zones around the world, is that we can easily (and far too often do) take everything around us waaaay too seriously. I'm certainly quite guilty of that.

In the final analysis, it is the time we spend taking inventory of all the good stuff we have - which we take for granted - that seems the most important to me. Some may spend a lot of time wishing for things they don't have. I say, spend a little time being thankful for all the things we don't have that we don't want.

Again... we are a society of spoiled babies. We have it sooo good, yet appreciate it soo little.

I know that has little to do with anything you said Pat. I just felt like preaching for a moment. I just received more info from a project in India that I'm going back to in January. The photos always bring these kinds of thoughts home to me. It even makes things like the Payson Water Department seem grossly insignificant.

Pat Randall 9 years ago

Randy, I agree with you all the way. Health, a loving family and a sense of humor. Enjoy while you can.

None 8 years, 12 months ago

People are strange

People are strange when you're a stranger Faces look ugly when you're alone Women seem wicked when you're unwanted Streets are uneven when you're down

When you're strange Faces come out of the rain When you're strange No one remembers your name When you're strange When you're strange When you're strange

People are strange when you're a stranger Faces look ugly when you're alone Women seem wicked when you're unwanted Streets are uneven when you're down

When you're strange Faces come out of the rain When you're strange No one remembers your name When you're strange When you're strange When you're strange

~ James Morrison, The Doors

None 8 years, 11 months ago

Is there anything stranger than someone who left this town several years ago still posting regularly? From Oregon yet? Well to each their own I guess. But it is strange.

Pat Randall 8 years, 11 months ago

Administrator, I am not the sweetest person on here but once in a while I do make a point. Can you do something with Polly Purebread? This person posted at least 14 times in the night with nothing but insults, and hurtful things to private citizens. Not one intelligent thought in any of them. I can take the crap, but I don't like my friends hurt and insulted. Thank you, Pat Randall

Chief Hinton 8 years, 11 months ago

I agree Pat please get Veggiehead off here. I have stopped posting because no matter what is posted Veggiehead has got to start his "eat your veggies"

Pat I just went through a large number of the posts on the board and could not find Veggiehead in any of them. I see where people have answered him/her but no response from him. Could it be possible that they took him off? I didn't look at all posts but normally he is on everyone. If they did remove veggiehead then thanks "watch dog" and Pat.

Chief, I think vegghead is gone, but now we have pollypurebread that started last night.

Pat, Yes I noticed her posts. Where do all these people come from? By the way I have been reading your posts and I am always interested in your grandsons success. I would love to go down sometime and see him race. However my work keeps me out of town a lot. I do keep up with it while out of town. I have seven grandsons in Texas so I know how proud you are. Just had a new one on Dec 21st. My oldest grandson is here in Payson with us and he ask his girlfriend to marry him on Christmas Eve. She said yes. We just love her. She works at Del Taco. She is the only granddaughter I can claim.Have a Happy New Year.

Chief, It is so good to read a nice post on here. Thank you. The Dwarf cars are trying to start a new circuit this year. If they do racing will start in Jan. instead of Mar. Congratulations on your new grandson. Happy New Year to you also.

Polly Why do you hide behind an anonymous name? Could it be because your posts are so insulting. What are you afraid of? If you have to say insulting things to a person then be brave enough to give your name. It's so easy to hide and attack people.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.