The Dec. 7 Pine-Strawberry School Board meeting, which was canceled Monday for lack of a quorum, has been rescheduled for 8 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 15.
The board will consider the following items:
- A request to accept the resignation of board member Tina Myers, who is moving out of the school district.
- A request to hire retired Payson Elementary School principal John Ketchem as a part-time school consultant, a position he also holds at Tonto Basin Elementary School southwest of Payson.
If an agreement is reached, Ketchem would be responsible for training teachers to administer the state's standardized tests, Principal Richard Soikkeli said. He also would serve as an adviser to the principal.
The position would pay between $40 and $50 an hour and would be limited to about 100 hours, he said.
- A request to approve a new, one-page field trip permission form, which parents must sign and return to the school before each field trip.
- A request to approve a policy change that stipulates that complaints against teachers and other school employees will no longer be added to their personnel files if they are exonerated of the accusations.
- And a request to approve pay increases for three teachers who have worked for the district for 16 years and have education levels equivalent to master's degrees. The board recently approved a salary increase for teachers who hold master's degrees and teachers who have worked with the district for 16 to 20 years and have education levels equivalent to master's degrees.