Five finalists have been selected in the Payson School Board's search for a candidate to replace retiring superintendent Russ Kinzer.
The board will interview the finalists, who are all from Arizona, this weekend in executive session. The interviews will not be open to the public.
Board members are hoping to pick a final candidate and extend an offer as early as next week.
The candidates are:
• Michael W. Aylstock, superintendent for the Colorado River Union High School District in Bullhead City.
- Lenora (Lynn) Setterstedt-Jarrett, ED.D., superintendent for the Wilcox Unified School District in Wilcox.
- Keven C. Uden, assistant superintendent of the Parker Unified School District in Parker.
- Herb P. Weissenfels, assistant superintendent, Yuma Union High School District in Yuma.
- Randall Blecha, assistant superintendent for support services for the Scottsdale Unified School District in Scottsdale.
Kinzer, who will retire June 30, has served as the district's superintendent for seven years.
He started his education career in Arizona as an industrial arts teacher at Miami High School. After four years, he transferred to Payson High School, where he taught vocational education for 10 years, worked as an administrative assistant in the district office for a year and served as associate superintendent for three years before becoming superintendent.