Man Wields Hose To Help Save His Mobile Home

Advertisement

Firefighters were called to a fire in the 300 block of North Masters Way in Payson at 7:18 p.m. Monday for a wood stove fire. When they arrived, they found the owner of the single-wide mobile home fighting the fire with his garden hose.

"He actually confined the fire, and virtually extinguished it before we arrived," said Fire Chief John Ross.

The blaze was under control within nine minutes of the firefighters' arrival at the Park Drive-area home. It started from an overheated flue, Ross said, which caused the ceiling materials in the roof to ignite.

The chief estimated about $1,000 worth of damage to the roof and ceiling, and said the fire is still under investigation.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.