I was rummaging through some of my papers last month and came up with this item that I think would be of interest to the people, especially since the U.S. House of Representatives passed a bill that schools can display the Ten Commandments if they wish, the Louisiana Legislature passed a law that children will address their seniors respectfully -- sir, ma'am, etc. -- and your editorial on the flag. Here it is. (Copied from the Ventura County Star-Free press years ago):
"Recently in the California Real Estate Association newsletter the following article appeared.
"In May of 1919 at Dusseldorf, Germany, the Allied forces obtained a copy of some of the Communist rules for revolution. Nearly 50 years later, the Reds are still following the rules. As you read, stop after each item and think about the present day situation where we live ... and all around the nation. We quote the Red rules:
1. "Corrupt the young, get them interested in sex. Make them superficial; destroy the ruggedness.
2. "Get control of all means of publicity, thereby getting people's minds off their government by focusing their attention on athletics, sexy books and plays, and other trivialities.
3. "Divide the people into hostile groups by constantly harping on controversial matters of no importance.
4. "Destroy the people's faith in their natural leaders by holding them up to contempt and ridicule.
5. "Always preach true democracy, but seize power as fast and as ruthlessly as possible.
6. "By encouraging government extravagance, destroy its credit, produce fear of inflation with rising prices and general discontent.
7. "Promote unnecessary strikes in vital industries, encourage civil disorders and foster a lenient and soft attitude on the part of the government to ward such disorders.
8. "By specious argument cause breakdown of the moral virtues, honesty, sobriety, continence and faith in the pledged word.
9. "Cause the registration of all firearms on some pretext with a view to confiscating them and leaving the population helpless."
How many of these rules are being carried out in this nation today? I don't see how any thinking person can truthfully say that the communists are not involved in the chaos that is upsetting our nation.
Think, Americans, before it is too late!