Fire Victims Seek Donations

Advertisement

The manufactured home on Clark Road that burned to the ground last week was the first home Vernon and Frances Crout ever owned.

The couple, who are in their 60s, paid cash for the 1990 single-wide mobile home, putting their life savings into the house when they moved to Payson from Colorado a little more than two months ago.

They had no insurance.
The couple also lost two vehicles, a car and a bus, in the early morning fire that apparently started in a paper bag full of ashes on the front porch.

Neighbors and friends of the Crouts have set up a 90-day account at the local BankOne office to help the couple replace their household items.

Volunteers also are needed to help clean up the couple's property.

Individuals or businesses who want to contribute cash, goods, or services can contact Tim Miles, Church of Christ minister, at 474-2096 or 474-1800.

Miles said the American Red Cross has been contacted and may also provide help.

"The need right now is for money to replace what was burned," Miles said.

Checks or money orders can be sent to BankOne, account number 30118886, in care of Vernon and Frances Crout, 201 South Beeline Hwy., Payson, AZ 85541.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.