Payson's Business Showcase 2000, which beat its old attendance record by about 1,500 people, was an incredible success, co-organizer Judy Miller said.
"It was just wonderful," Miller said. "And it was so nice having it inside (the old Wal-Mart building) for the first time. I think the best thing was that the exhibitors had such a great audience for their wares."
Last year, about 6,000 people were drawn to the Business Showcase for introductions to local businesses and their products or services. At Saturday's, sponsored by Payson Regional Medical Center, the estimated door count was 7,500. Nash Electric sponsored the showcase mixer.
Everybody -- organizers, participants and rubberneckers -- voted on their favorite exhibits. The following businesses won top-showcase honors:
• Best of Show: Napa Auto Care
- Media's Choice: Payson Community Christian School
• Best Theme Presentation: Payson Regional Medical Center
• Committee's Choice: Energy West
- Best Business Presentation: Wells Fargo bank
• People's Choice: Town of Payson-Water Department
• Judges' Award: Ironhorse Signs
- Best Outside Booth: Rim Country/Mesa Insulation