If you have an RV, trailer, boat, spare vehicle, personal or commercial belongings taking up too much space around your place, Cherie and Bruce Griffin have room for you.
You may remember the Griffins from the Sears store, which they owned for three years. They are now owners of Star Valley Storage, right between Pete's Place and the Moose Lodge.
"This is sort of a ‘Where are they now' thing," Bruce suggested, "A lot of people will know us from Sears."
The Griffins bought Star Valley Storage at the end of last year. They took over operation of the 270-unit storage facility on Dec. 1, 2002.
"We wanted to get back to where we could own the real estate," Bruce said.
One of the Griffins' big challenges is the number of storage businesses in the area. The couple talked about the selling points of Star Valley Storage:
- They accepts credit cards;
- There is a website, www. starvalleystorage.com, where people can rent a unit and even pay online;
- It has extra wide aisles for large trucks and moving vans;
- It is very secure with computer controlled access;
- 24-hour access is available by special request, otherwise access is from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., daily;
- Monthly specials are offered;
- Someone is on the grounds, six days a week;
- There are security lights and fencing;
- Long term discounts are offered; and
- It is a modern facility with insulated units and fireproof metal construction.
The Griffins have been in the Payson area for six years, moving here from Scottsdale. They have lived in Arizona since 1985, coming from Michigan.
"We came up for the pace of life, the quality of life. There is less traffic, there is opportunity and there are nice people," Cherie said.
The couple had a distributor business for resort products in Scottsdale before coming to Payson.
There are no immediate changes on the horizon for Star Valley Storage, Cherie said. Since she and Bruce have only been operating it for a few months, they plan to just maintain things and see how they go for awhile.
Outside of the business, Cherie and Bruce Griffin are raising a 14-year-old daughter, Casey.
Bruce is in the real estate business, working full-time for REMAX.
Cherie is a member of both the Payson Optimist Club and the area chapter of Big Brothers Big Sisters. She said they have donated storage space to both groups.
Rental units, both outside and inside, range in size from 5x10 to 10x30, with prices between $25 and $138.
Contact Cherie or Bruce at Star Valley Storage, 474-5593, or log on to their website.