- Decide whether to discontinue maintaining private roads, as of June 30, 2003.
- Work with property owners of private roads to bring them to the town's minimum standards for drainage and chip sealing and dedicate the private roads to the town if continued maintenance is desired.
- Place appropriate signs on the roads and remove all existing regulatory signs.
- Notify the property owners of the action on the roads and inform them of the necessary steps to re-establish public maintenance.
- Authorize staff to apply the single-layer, chip seal dust control, use town personnel to provide the labor to correct existing drainage issues, and to use a portion of the streets' right of way budget to perform the necessary title work on the private roads to be dedicated to the town.