What's Up?

Advertisement

Q: What is the problem with the sound in nearly every theater at Sawmill Crossing, especially the two smaller ones at the end? Surely I can't be the only one who has noticed that the sound is awful. Do they plan to do anything about it?

A: We're at the mercy of some of these prints that come through," director of theater operations Brian Devaney said.

Theater personnel can tell that's the problem when movies are filtered down from one theater to another.

"If it's in Theater 2 and it sounds fabulous and then it gets into 6 and it sounds great, we know it's not us," Devaney said. "If it was the other way around and sounded great in 2 and horrible in 6, then we'd know it was us."

A local technician is used to tune the sound at the six theaters on a regular basis.

"I'm pretty much of a presentation guy myself and I want everything to sound great and look great," Devaney said. "I would say 95 percent of the time, it's the prints and the other 5 percent we need a tuneup or something."

Call 474-5251, ext. 147, to reach Roundup's What's Up? line. Leave your question on the answering machine and we'll try to find the answer.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.