Star Valley Home Burns

Advertisement

The Star Valley home of Aaron Haught was lost to a fire Sunday.

Although the home on Garrels Drive is close to the Diamond Star Fire Station, it was already fully involved when the firefighters were first dispatched, according to one of the firemen.

Units from Payson, as well as the Diamond Star Fire District responded and 20 firefighters were on the scene.

Haught was injured, according to Fire Chief Gary Hatch. He suffered first, and possibly second, degree burns on his right arm and face.

The fire is still under investigation, Hatch said, but initial findings indicate it was an accident, probably caused by a discarded lit cigarette.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.