Man Burned In Hoover House Fire

Advertisement

A Payson man was sent to the Maricopa County Medical Center burn unit after his living room was destroyed by fire last week.

An explosion and fire on N. Hoover Drive occurred shortly after midnight Wednesday, July 9.

The home's occupant was outside when the Payson Fire Department arrived and had first and second degree burns, Fire Chief Marty deMasi said.

The injured man was treated on the scene and then transported by air to the hospital.

"He accidentally ignited propane gas that was escaping into the house from the tank on the property," the chief said.

The full report on the fire was not available, but the damage was something that could be repaired, the chief said.

A total of 19 firefighters were involved, deMasi said.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.