Payson Head Start is looking forward to beginning the school year of 2003-2004. Head Start is a preschool and family referral program for lower income families and children with disabilities. Our goal is to focus on assisting the entire family unit and to provide quality services to our families. Enrollment in the Head Start program includes:
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum for children 3-5 years old;
- School Readiness skills and Early Literacy practices;
- Complete health/developmental screenings including follow-up;
- Individualized education plan developed for each child;
- Specialized services for children with disabilities;
- Parent/Guardians volunteering in the classroom;
- Opportunities for parents to assist with lesson and menu planning;
- Monthly parent meetings, free workshops and trainings;
- Establishing and working towards individual family goals;
- A supportive staff dedicated to providing quality services.
Payson Head Start recently installed an accessible playground that meets the criteria for the Arizona Disabilities Act. In addition, we are in the process of completing the Accreditation process by the National Association for the Education of Young Children. We have a well-trained and professional staff that love children and strive to make a difference in the families in Payson.