- Require cleanup of ground litter around combustible structures, fuel tanks, etc.
- Require removal of trees and shrubs adjacent to buildings (automatically override the many subdivision CC&Rs contrary to this).
- Require all structures changing hands to be upgraded for fire-resistance.
- Require all new structures to incorporate fire-resistant construction (where are the insurance companies on this?). For example, no more "log" houses, no more wooden or composition siding and trim, no more cedar-shake or asphalt shingle roofs, no more wooden balconies.
- Require that all applications for building permits for construction in the forest contain certified engineering plans showing how the forest can burn without taking the building with it. Otherwise, a substantial impact fee should be levied to pay for incremental additions to the town fire-fighting resources (no guarantees).