Looking for something to do that tasks your free time and talents? Many of our citizens, particularly those within the retired community, have expressed a desire to "become involved" in community affairs, or to "make a difference" in the community.
If you find yourself in this category, please consider becoming an active member of the "Friends of Payson Parks and Recreation, Inc." The friends provide a variety of activities where your time and talents may be channeled to benefit all in our community.
Presently, we are addressing a major project which envisions the development and construction of a Payson Multi-Generational Community Center. A feasibility study regarding this project is nearing completion, and includes the provision of such features as an indoor swimming pool and water aerobics for year-round use; a walking track suspended above a huge gymnasium, and many other recreational activities available for everyone. In addition to the community center project, the friends support a variety of park activities which include, but are not limited to:
- Fund raising activities to support swim team events.
- Research efforts to identify and secure grants/funds to support development and construction of a comprehensive multi-event center as originally planned.
- Efforts to maintain and improve existing baseball and soccer fields.
- Studies to determine requirements in support of tennis activities associated with that sport.
- Research to determine ways to develop, maintain and improve such park amenities as playground equipment, picnic facilities, skating equipment, or any other present and/or anticipated park or recreational facilities.
If this fits your need, then join with us and become an active member of the Friends of Payson Parks and Recreation, Inc. and help achieve many worthwhile goals and objectives designed to improve the quality of life in our community. By becoming an active member, you not only will apply your needed time and talent, but you will contribute to the well-being of our community.
If interested in joining, contact Friends of Payson Parks & Recreation, Inc., PMB #143, 217 E. Hwy. 260, Payson, AZ 85541. This is a non-profit corporation; contributions and dues are tax deductible.