The last week of November, the long-awaited Door Stop operation starts in Payson.
The company's first Payson phase starts Nov. 24 and will include two immediate openings in its raised panel operation.
The Door Stop, a Western Cabinet Door Inc. Company, will continue moving into Payson through the rest of the year. The company hopes to conduct 90 percent of its production in Payson by Jan. 1.
"We will be expanding when we come to Payson," said Clara Stumfull, a spokesman for the company, "We will have employment opportunities in every department, but we don't know how many people we'll be hiring."
The jobs in the first phase will involve the cutting, color and grain matching, gluing and trimming of hardwood raised panels. Requirements include:
- The ability to perform repetitive lifting and stand for 8 to 10 hours at a time.
- A high sense of urgency to production and attention to customers service and quality.
- The ability to effectively communicate and work with individuals in all levels of the organization.
- The ability to visually compare varying colors and grains of assorted hardwoods.
- The ability to learn fast and follow direction.
The Door Stop offers a drug-free work environment, so all new hires will be subjected to a pre-employment drug screen test.
Applications can be picked up and dropped off at The Door Stop, located at 910 N. Chenault Parkway, west of the airport in Payson. Applications and resumes also can be faxed to (480) 545-1128.