Celebrating its silver anniversary this year, the Tonto Community Concert Association has four more performances planned in the coming months.
The first two programs of the TCCA's 25th season featured The Wood's Tea Company, Sept. 8, and Orange Kellin's New Orleans Blue Serenaders, Oct. 11.
The next performance in the Payson High School Auditorium is by the Phoenix Boys Choir. The noted group will appear in a matinee at 2:30 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 30, presenting a concert of holiday tunes and classics.
The TCCA offers a great way to warm up January when it presents "I Get a Kick Out of Cole," a review honoring the musical genius of Cole Porter. The program features a cast of ten artists, consisting of six singers/actors and a four-piece orchestra. The performance is at 7 p.m., Monday, Jan. 31.
Paul McDermand will appear at 7 p.m., Friday, March 12. Percussionist McDermand's performance will be enhanced by classical guitar, grand piano and full orchestration and will include standard, classical and popular works.
The TCCA's silver season will close with Antonio Pompa-Baldi talented pianist appearing at 7 p.m., Friday, April 2. The Italian artist was a silver medalist in the prestigious Van Cliburn International Piano Competition in June 2001 and has appeared in concerts throughout the U.S., Canada and Europe.
"At only $50 per person for a basic subscription, the scheduled series is the best bargain in town," Bob Ware, TCCA president, said.
Subscriptions can be purchased at any time, and single concert tickets also are available for $20 per person. Children, 18 and younger, accompanied by a ticketed adult, are free.
Various memberships also can be purchased:
- Donate $10 to $149 above the season ticket price, and become a TCCA Booster.
- Patron level status is awarded those who contribute $150 to $499 and includes two season tickets and an invitation to all artist receptions.
- A donation of $500 or more qualifies as a Benefactor membership and includes four season tickets and artist reception invitations.
- Business I, a contribution of $250 to $499 nets a listing in all concert programs, two tickets and an invitation to the artist receptions.
- Business II, a donation of $500 or more results in a program listing, four tickets and an invitation to the artist receptions.
All donations over the price of the tickets are tax deductible.
For more information call (928) 474-4514, (928) 474-6115 or (928) 474-8553 or visit the website at www.tccarim.org.