Payson High School homecoming festivities run all week with daily Spirit Week activities leading up to the big homecoming game and dance Friday night.
Students are invited to dress appropriate to a daily theme, culminating in a purple and gold spirit day. The homecoming parade will take place at 2 p.m. Friday, running from Julia Randall Elementary School to Sawmill Crossing.
The foe for the homecoming game, Pinnacle High School, is undefeated and will bring a 4-0 record to Payson. A complete schedule of homecoming events follows.
Spirit Week events (Sept. 29-Oct. 3)
- M*A*S*H Monday, aka Camo Day
- 7 p.m. - Bonfire at Payson Event Center
- Hawaii Five-O
- 7 p.m. - Game Night at PHS west parking lot
- Wild Wild West Wednesday
- 5 p.m. - Float building after school
- ESPN Day (dress like your favorite sports figure)
- 5 p.m. - Float building
- Saved by the Bell Day (show your school spirit by wearing purple and gold)
- 1 p.m. - Sludge to the Judge Run (Gila County Sanitary District to Sawmill Crossing)
- 2 p.m. - Parade (from Julia Randall Elementary down Main Street to Sawmill Crossing)
- 4 p.m. - Student Council-sponsored Steak Fry at RCMS
- 7 p.m. - Homecoming football game vs. Pinnacle H.S.
- Following game - Homecoming Dance at PHS