The Payson Community Christian School offers pre-kindergarten through senior-level classes. Located at 500 S. Mud Springs Road, the school is requesting students bring a number of items with them when classes start on July 29.
- Pre-Kindergarten: Large bottle of hand sanitizer; napkins; paper towels; a box of 5-ounce Dixie cups; "big, round" pencils, a 24-count pack of crayons that includes pink, gray and skin-tone peach colors; a pencil box; two packages of two glue sticks; plain backpack; uniform shirts.
- Kindergarten: 2,175-count, or larger, boxes of Kleenex; 400-count package of napkins; two 8-ounce bottles of hand sanitizer; two chubby pencils (Wal-Mart, Colorific); two 24-count boxes of crayons with pink, gray and peach; two boxes 5-ounce cups; two glue sticks; two rolls of paper towels -- none of these items should have the student's name on them; a plain backpack or tote bag with the student's name.
- First and Second Grade: One Bible, New Living translation preferred; a pair of children's scissors; one 12-count box of crayons; three 12-count packages of pencils (teacher will keep to hand out when necessary); one 2-pack package of glue sticks; a large eraser; two Marble Composition Books, 9-3/4x7-inch in size with 100 sheets of paper; two boxes of Kleenex; a folder with pockets for take-home papers; a solid-color, plain backpack; a water bottle with pull-up top to prevent spills; two large bottles of hand sanitizer; two large packages of napkins; optional drawing pad.
- Third and Fourth Grade: One package mechanical pencils; one Bible, New International Version is suggested; one package of erasers; one pair, blunt-tipped scissors; two glue sticks; one package of markers, colored pencils or crayons; a ruler with both metric and English measurements; a pencil box; two boxes of Kleenex; three 200-sheet packages of ruled notebook paper; a 20-ounce, or smaller, water bottle (facility has no drinking fountain); one bottle of hand sanitizer; one wide-ruled, spiral notebook; one package of dry-erase markers; 1, 300-count package of note cards.
• Fifth and Sixth Grade: Two boxes of tissues to share with class; a Bible; a package of mechanical pencils; an eraser; a pencil sharpener than holds shavings; an erasable ink pen (blue or black ink); two spiral notebooks; a small, spiral notebook for homework assignments; three pocket folders; a, 300-sheet package of notebook paper to share with class; a package of markers or colored pencils; a ruler with English and metric measurements; a bottle of hand sanitizer to share with class; water bottle, the building does not have drinking fountains. The sixth-grade students should also bring a protractor and a compass.
- Seventh Grade: Six spiral notebooks; a small spiral notebook; pencils; erasers; pens; highlighters; a ruler with metric measurements; protractor; graph paper; compass; a box of Kleenex; a Bible, either updated New American Standard, New King James or New International Version; optional supplies include a basic calculator (no scientific calculators), colored pencils, scissors, a 24-ounce, or smaller, water bottle with pull-open top.
- Eighth Grade: Six spiral notebooks; small spiral notebook; pencils; erasers; pens; highlighters; ruler with metric measurements; protractor; graph paper; compass; a box of Kleenex; a Bible, New American Standard, New King James or New International Version; optional supplies include a basic calculator (no scientific calculators); colored pencils or markers; scissors; a 24-ounce, or smaller, water bottle with pull-open top.
- Ninth through 12th Grade: Bible; pencils; colored pencils; erasers; highlighters; a box of Kleenex; a 24-ounce, or smaller, water bottle; algebra calculator; pens; compass; protractor; notebooks; 3-ring binder; graph paper.
Call (928) 474-8050 for more information.
The supply lists for other schools were published in the July 20 Roundup story School's start means a shopping trip.