- Since the 1960s (the beginning of the "Great Society"), the population of the U.S. has increased 41 percent, but there has been an increase of 560 percent in violent crime and a 400 percent increase in illegitimate births. The suicide rate among young people has increased by 300 percent.
- More than 3 million crimes are committed in or near our nation's schools each year.
- The murder rate among adolescents is 700 percent higher in this country than in Japan or any European country.
- More than half of all citizens in this country are taking money from government in some form. When this happened in Rome, there were more people on the government payroll than there were taxpayers to support them. Many people obviously believe that the government owes them a living.
- Since the '60s, SAT scores for college-bound students have declined over 80 points, teenage pregnancies for unwed girls have increased 500 percent, sexually transmitted diseases among teenagers has soared from 350 cases per 100,000 to 1,200 cases per 100,000, and abortions among teenagers has increased by 110 percent for a total of over 1.6 million abortions per year in our country.
- Over 2.5 million young people graduate from our public schools each year that are functionally illiterate with a total of over 28 million functional illiterates in our county.
- A recent study shows that 33 percent of high school students admitted to stealing from a store in the last year, 21 percent of college age young people would falsify reports to keep their job, 39 percent have lied to their employer and 35 percent have lied to a customer.