Payson Area Habitat for Humanity's (PAHH's) mission is to provide decent, affordable and healthy housing to those living in inadequate or substandard conditions whose incomes are too low to enable them to secure conventional financing.
PAHH's Family Selection Committee under Chair Tom Behl is just about to begin the selection process for partners for House No. 13. The open application period will be from June 20 through July 31.
Potential applicants who have already spoken with Behl will be contacted prior to the opening of the application period. If you have moved, or if your circumstances have changed since talking with him, call him at (928) 474-2647 or call the PAHH office at (928) 474--0330.
If you are interested in applying, and have not talked with Behl, call (928) 474-2647 and leave your name and phone number.
Here's a list of the basic qualifications:
- ave a housing need - your present housing is "inadequate;"
- Have lived in the Payson area for the last twelve months;
- Have a steady income that meets certain qualifications based on family size;
- Have a good credit rating and the ability to make regular monthly no-interest mortgage payments;
- Grant permission for a home visit by family selection committee members;
- Be willing to volunteer between 300 to 500 hours of "sweat equity," both in building your home and others and in performing other PAHH volunteer work;
- Be able to pay closing costs of $1,300 when your house is transferred to you.
Anyone who has applied for a house during prior application periods is encouraged to reapply.
For more information, contact PAHH at (928) 474-0330.